Friday, June 26, 2009

Actually..note about my thesis after seeing that pic I posted

1/3 of my thesis is somewhat garbage because what I wrote in there is no longer true as new findings have surfaced..because while I deleted one gene, I also partially deleted another gene nearby without knowing it....so it was as if the effect I saw from my deletion was actually from deleting the other gene when I thought I was only affecting one gene. So the deletion strain has actually been redone by another colleague and turns out, the gene I thought I deleted actually has no effect whatsoever on morphology which supports past findings which I thought I had contradicted and wrote about (sigh). whoopie. Years of working with things invisible to the naked eye is messed up. Well, it's not a total waste of time because now we're interested in that other unknown gene since deleting it actually caused the weird morphological changes I was observing and studying for months... Sometimes, science has funny ways of f-ing with my mind...Now, I need a big bucket of liquid paper to erase the now irrelevant stuff i wrote from page X to page X.

No comments:

Post a Comment