Sunday, May 10, 2009

I went to Thailand and back...

For mother's day, we went to a Thai buffet restaurant called Spice Market in Xinyi distrist near 101.

mmm so good me mom thinks..(Check out the resto's decor)



Challenge 1..eat a huge raw oyster as big as my face. Although I wanted to eat all two, I couldn't do it after the first one. I garnished it with some lemon juice and house-made Thai spicy sauce. Sooo good! Raw oyster craving (thanks to Dave and Jnet) is satisfied for a month.

It looks small here...


but when you place them on a standard large plate..


Challenge 2..I am always up for some stupid challenges. A challenge to eat freshly ground hot peppers and chili paste on a basil leaf with garnishing. I was only going to do it if someone tried too hehe (I always have this belief that if someone can do it, so can I! I jump you jump?). I took 2 leaves. One for daddy and one for me. He was skeptical and reluctant. He sampled a bit of the paste on his toothpick but he couldn't go through with it. My mom, who loves spices didn't want to try (Shen jing bing she said).. so I naturally chickened out as well until a lady sitting next to us also tried some and reassured me that it edible (but she also tells me that she likes Mala spicy hot pot).

After overcoming the mental block, I went for it!..Annnd ...NO tear NO sweat NO pain like I imagined...just a numb tongue which I cooled down quickly with some delicious Movenpick all-natural vanilla ice cream. mmmm


Challenge!







Singha Thai beer
is pretty good especially when paired with spicy seafood.



Camera quality pics are bad so I didn't take too many pics...
Raw shrimps are a rarity to find unless served really fresh but here they are!



Grilled and seasoned giant shrimps



The resto was mom's pick but mainly because daddy has never been while she, Mel and I have already been TWICE (Thanks to Lohie-ah!)..Today, for mother's day, a steep 850 nt/ person. So we o-wned the buffet..but we usually dominate at buffets anyway.
Pad thai, tom yum soup, 4 types of curry, seafood, Thai drinks, Thai noodles, Thai soup, Thai meat Thai evelyting.

2 comments: