Friday, July 31, 2009

Hsini the copywriter...

My first day at ICRT radio station was DA bomb!

Right when I sat at my desk (well, the desk belongs to the copywriter who is on vacation) at 11 am ..even before the computer was turned on, I was told I had a deadline at 12 pm to meet! AT 11:30..I was still not logged into the computer because the IT guy was busy! But then the production manager went out for lunch and so that gave me an extra hour to write something up.

Throughout the day, I was given 3 ad liners to write up and also write up short 10-15 secs radio segments about Hakka culture. I finished 2 liners today and almost finished the Hakka stuff. One liner was for a free pre-screening for a Taiwanese film about baseball and the other was for a basketball competition happening this weekend!

I was told that I only needed to come in for a couple of hours today but I end up staying until I was told to go home...which was only at 6 pm ish. Maybe because I'm getting paid by the hour so they do not wish I work OT.

I am looking forward to doing more next week! I love the work dynamic over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment